Vivir a la Roleplay

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P.L.C F.A.Q

Jack Frost
    Jack Frost
    Admin

P.L.C F.A.Q Empty P.L.C F.A.Q

Post by Jack Frost Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Pokémon Live Connection - FAQ

1 - What is it?
    An interactive fanfic! You write a story set in the Pokémon universe, and other people can interact with you.

2 - How do I join?
    By writing a Character Guide in the forum of the same name. If your Character Guide follows all the rules, you'll be granted access to the main forum, and can start writing stories for your character.

3 - What does my Character Guide need?
    The following:
    (a) Character name
    Full names, please, to avoid confusion. You can't be any character from the TV show or the games.

(b) Age and Gender

(c) Description
    Including height, hair style and color, clothing and build (fat or thin, short or tall).

(ch) Personality
    What makes your character tick? How would they respond to various situations?

(d) History
    Your character's life so far.
    You aren't allowed to begin with any badges, ribbons or otherwise.

(e) Friends and enemies
    You may not have any at first, but as you interact, you'll update this.

(f) Pokémon
    You aren't allowed any of the following: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Regigigas, Heatran, Cresselia, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus, Victini, Zekrom, Resheram, Kyurem, Keldeo, Virizion, Colbalion, Terrakion, Thundrus, Landorus, or Tornadus.
    These legendaries are banned for EVERYONE. You can't have any other trainer capture them, unless they have a very elaborate trap, and even then it can only be for a brief amount of time.
    You aren't allowed to make up new Pokémon.
    You are not allowed to begin with more than two Pokemon and they can not be higher than their first evolution, but if they only have one evolution, they must be base level.

4 - How often should I update?
    Every time something significant occurs to your character, such as catching a new Pokémon, it'd be worth updating your Character Guide. Do this by editing your post.

5 - Limits
    Your character is not allowed super-powers, except for limited psychic powers. Remember, Sabrina is the strongest psychic, so you may not exceed her power.
    Likewise, you may not play as a canon character. You also may not make significant changes in your stories to any canon characters or locations - this includes legendaries.
    This also includes creating new locations. You can create buildings, companies, establishments and so on in existing towns and cities, but you cannot create new towns or cities.

6 - Interaction
    To interact with another character, reply to their post, and write about your character meeting them. You may use the character's Character Guide to help you write for them, but you can't make significant decisions for them - no getting them to agree to come with you. You can, however, end the post with your character making an offer so that the original poster can reply.
    You also can't kill or harm another character or their Pokémon, or move them long distances.
    The exception to this rule is if you ask the character's writer for permission. You may do this in the PLC Discussion forum or via PM, e-mail or Messenger.
    If you have two characters, they may not interact in any way, unless you're specifically told otherwise. They must be separate entities, in different story-lines.

7 - Stories
    Stories should be written in prose, with correct punctuation and grammar. Try to spell-check as well. As soon as you've had your character approved, you can start posting stories in the main forum.
    You should try to strive for longer posts. A few sentences isn't good enough - you should be able to manage at least a few paragraphs. Otherwise, you slow everyone else down and hinder the story. Longer and more detailed posts can also help toward getting an additional character guide (read below).

8 - How many Character Guides can I have?
    At first, only one character per writer. There are certain people who have earned a second and even a third Character Guide and if you wish to do so, you must keep your posts as bulky and detailed as possible. I'll be reading your posts and if I feel that you've earned an additional Character Guide with your description and character development, I will let you know. Think of it as a slightly simplified version of "The Challenge".
    If you have not yet earned your second Character guide and you want another, you must retire your existing character - to do this, you must first remove your character from any interaction, and end his or her story.

9 - Where is it set?
    The normal Pokémon universe, as seen in the games and animé.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:08 pm